BLET Fifth National Convention Recap
- November 1, 2022
Our Association was proud to attend the BLET Fifth National Convention, which was held in Las Vegas, Nevada. Bob Brown, Vice President Union Relations, and his wife Donna represented LECMPA.
BLET National President Dennis Pierce opened the session on October 10 with his presidential report. He focused on the tentative national agreement being negotiated and called for unity now and in the days to come.
The convention featured a full slate of presentations and special guests, including sessions led by a series of esteemed special guests, including:
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters General President Sean O’Brien
- Dina Titus, House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee and its Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines and Hazardous Materials
- National Division Guide Marketa Wells
- National Division Chaplain Gary Pedigo
- U.S. Secretary of Labor Marty Walsh
- Amit Bose, the Administrator of the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
- John Bragg, Labor Member of the U.S. Railroad Retirement Board
- Greg Regan, President of the AFL-CIO’s Transportation Trades Department
- Kat Bisbikis, National President of the BLET Auxiliary
- Lyndon Isaak, President of Teamsters Canada Rail Conference (TCRC)
LECMPA would like to congratulate BLET on another successful convention and continues to stand in solidarity with union brothers and sisters across North America.